Drinking water and weight loss, is it true that by drinking water you can lose weight? There has been a direct correlation between drinking more water and losing more weight. It’s found that if someone drinks at least 17 ounces of water daily they can burn up to 30% more calories everyday. And since most people don’t drink enough water, this extra water intake will also help keep you hydrated and act as a detox both which are beneficial to your overall health.
Here are some of the many benefits that come along with drinking more water, more often:
1. If you drink a large glass of water prior to eating a meal, you will actually eat less food. The water you drink will help fill you up so that you don’t eat as much.
2. If you drink your water ice cold, it can help increase your metabolism because your body will have to work harder to heat up the water you’ve just drunk.
3. Like I stated above, you can lose a lot of toxins by drinking plenty of water. Allowing the toxins to build up in your system is not good for your daily functioning. Most people recommend doing a detox at least once a month.
4. It might sound odd, but the more water you drink the less water you will retain. You’ve probably heard that if you don’t eat enough your body will hold onto all the fat it can to keep the body alive. The same principle holds true with dehydration. If you don’t drink enough your body will hold onto all the water it can to keep it alive. Drink water so you don’t retain water.
5. If you keep drinking plenty of water throughout the day you won’t be as likely to chow down on everything you see. You will feel fuller as well as keep your mouth busy to alleviate the ‘need’ to munch.
6. By drinking plenty of water you will also keep your kidneys working properly by allowing them to do their job and eliminate waste from the body.
7. By providing your body with all it needs to run at it’s maximum potential, you are allowing it do everything it needs to do including burn fat. Drinking plenty of water will make it easier for your body to perform all the functions it’s made to do.
When it comes to losing weight you want to give your body all the tools it needs to do it’s job to the best of it’s ability. Drinking water just provides your body with so many benefits, not just weight loss, that it only makes sense to drink plenty of it. Many people will say they don’t like the taste of water, or lack thereof, if that describes you just add some lemon or some other low calorie flavor so you don’t miss out on the benefits of drinking water. Just remember that drinking water and weight loss are connected and don’t make the mistake of thinking that drinking soda, even diet, will be just as good as water, it’s not. Drink water!